Many people have lost one or more teeth. This unpleasant consequences may lead to an unattractive smile, embarrassment from loose dentures, pain, difficulty with eating, and limiting lifestyle. Dental implants are the treatment of choice for people missing one, a few, and all of their teeth and for those with failing teeth or severe periodontal disease. It is essentially a titanium substitute for a natural tooth root, rooted in the bone, and implants replace, look and perform like natural teeth.
The need for plastic on the roof of the mouth, or adhesives, and denture creams is eliminated.The use of dental implants does not impact healthy, adjacent teeth. For eligible patients, replacement teeth then can be restored immediately, returning a spectacular smile in a short time span (usually on the same day).
A dental implant is composed of three parts:
— the titanium implant that fuses with the jawbone;
— the abutment, which fits over the portion of the implant that protrudes from the gumline
— and the crown which is the visible tooth in the mouth and which fits onto the abutment for a natural appearance.
With 50 years of clinical research and an overall success rate of 96%, dental implants are frequently the best treatment option for the replacement of natural tooth, dental implant, and a tooth crown. A dental implant is the most pleasingly aesthetic solution for replacing the missing tooth, as well as the most comfortable from a functional perspective. An all-ceramic dental crown or dental bridge, secured to a dental implant, provides a complete or beautiful solution for improving your smile.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Dental implants can replace single or multiple teeth, or all of the teeth on one or both jaw or arches of your mouth.
- Implants are fixed in place and do not move so you don’t experience the same problems as with dentures.
- Implant supported teeth are the next best thing to natural teeth. They look, feel, function very much like your natural teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to eat all the foods you like, just as with your natural teeth.
- Dental implants help encourage the preservation of natural jaw bone and maintain the facial structure.
- Dental implants have 95% success rate, supported by many years of clinical experience and many satisfied patients.
- Dental implants and your new teeth preserve healthy the adjacent teeth from the destruction caused by conventional fixed bridge treatment, which requires filing down of healthy adjacent teeth to support the bridge.These filed down teeth can often fail within just a few years, requiring more extensive, and expensive dental work.
- Unlike bridges, or dentures, dental implants are placed into and fuse with the bone in your jaws. This not only provide stability, but also prevents bone loss and atrophy that normally resulted from missing teeth.
- Dental implants provide a longer-term solution to your dental problems, often lasts a lifetime. Traditional bridges usually require replacement due to the support teeth, which eventually fail.
- With dental implants, you eliminate the discomfort often associated with ill-fitting dentures.